Wednesday featured the revealing of the new Spider-Man for Marvel’s Ultimate Universe in the popular series, Ultimate Fallout. With Peter Parker killed just a few weeks ago in the Death of Spider-Man story line, the question as to who would take the mantle of the famous web-slinger weighed incessantly on everybody’s mind. Now the identity of the new Spider-Man has been revealed as Miles Morales, a half-black and half-Latino young man. Obviously Marvel is attempting to branch out with a more ethnic superhero, in an effort to create popular multi-racial characters, not wanting to simply stay with the typical white male cast. Frankly, I don’t have any problems with this; it’s an interesting take to say the least and this is we have alternate universes. For those of you who want your white Spider-Man, then there are still plenty of titles in the regular Marvel universe books. However, I can’t help but notice how Miles looks a tad like our current president. Maybe that’s just me. While his origin story wasn’t released on Wednesday, come September with the new Ultimate Spider-Man series, all will be explained…hopefully.
- 79,950 hits
- It’s snowing 🌨!!! Winter is finally, and truly, upon us here in Boston! #Boston 8 hours ago
- @robertvenditti And I for one will be picking it up! You’re killing it, man! 1 day ago
- RT @bradmeltzer: THREAD FOR STAN LEE. Stan Lee gave us more than co-creations X-Men, Iron Man, Hulk, Fantastic Four & Spider-Man. He gave… 2 days ago
- RIP #stanlee ! A comic book legend if ever there was one, he's the reason I, and many others, got into comic books.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- RT @TMZ: #BREAKING: Legendary Comic-Book Writer, Publisher and Film Producer Stan Lee Has Died. R.I.P. tmz.me/synYyXo 3 days ago