Wednesday featured the revealing of the new Spider-Man for Marvel’s Ultimate Universe in the popular series, Ultimate Fallout. With Peter Parker killed just a few weeks ago in the Death of Spider-Man story line, the question as to who would take the mantle of the famous web-slinger weighed incessantly on everybody’s mind. Now the identity of the new Spider-Man has been revealed as Miles Morales, a half-black and half-Latino young man. Obviously Marvel is attempting to branch out with a more ethnic superhero, in an effort to create popular multi-racial characters, not wanting to simply stay with the typical white male cast. Frankly, I don’t have any problems with this; it’s an interesting take to say the least and this is we have alternate universes. For those of you who want your white Spider-Man, then there are still plenty of titles in the regular Marvel universe books. However, I can’t help but notice how Miles looks a tad like our current president. Maybe that’s just me. While his origin story wasn’t released on Wednesday, come September with the new Ultimate Spider-Man series, all will be explained…hopefully.
- 79,130 hits
- RT @Ssnyder1835: On Batman's faith, I like to think he's empirical but as such he's all too aware of the limitations of human comprehension… 19 hours ago
- Gary Frank Hints At ‘Doomsday Clock’ Superman And Doctor Manhattan Encounter cozmicventures.com/2018/08/16/gar… https://t.co/2BhN0seyWG 1 day ago
- Marvel Reveals Thanos’ Black Order Comic Series cozmicventures.com/2018/08/16/mar… https://t.co/hWzGKmJUIk 1 day ago
- Iron Fist Has His Hands Full In New Season 2 Trailer cozmicventures.com/2018/08/16/iro… https://t.co/JjkrndYBtY 1 day ago
- Marvel Is (Finally) Killing Off Old Man Logan In 12-Part Series cozmicventures.com/2018/08/15/mar… https://t.co/TZErfzPkN7 2 days ago