J.J. Abrams’ next movie is yet another monster flick. This one, set in the 70s, features some alien-related fiasco. The teaser trailer, which uses the exact same formulaic device as Cloverfield‘s trailer took, reveals almost nothing except for some sort of massive accident, emerging in the form of a horrendous train wreck and then something smashing its way out. Obviously, this is done to make you want more, and it’s a tactic that works, hence its continual usage. I have to say that I’m intrigued to see what Abrams’ mind is able to cook up, for monster movies are not something I feel we get enough of nowadays.
- 80,244 hits
- RT @swartstudio: Hazell Dean has released a clip of her upcoming single, “Heavenly”! Artwork by SWart Studio. ⚡️ #HazellDean #EnergiseR… 1 day ago
- Okay, so #BirdBoxNetflix definitely lives up the hype! Someone get #SandraBullock an award of some kind! 2 days ago
- Okay, the new #DragonBallSuperBroly is positivity excellent! It’s not just a great #DragonBall movie, but it’s a gr… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- RT @VoiceOfVegeta: Any good movies coming out today? https://t.co/BfL8jbNFJu 5 days ago
- At the @AMCTheatres IMAX premiere of the new #DragonBallSuperBroly movie! Kamehameha, everyone! #Goku #DragonBallSuper 5 days ago